An individual is allowed to act as his own Registered Agent, however the individual must possess a physical street address in the state where the LLC or corporation will be formed. The actual corporation or LLC being formed however would not be allowed to name itself as its own Registered Agent.
Articles in this section
- What does a Registered Agent do?
- Can the registered agent be a company?
- What will happen to my company if the registered agent resigns?
- How will I be notified if service of process is received?
- How will I know when it is time to renew my Registered Agent?
- How much will it cost to renew my Registered Agent service?
- Who will be responsible for updating the Registered Agent information with the state?
- What happens if I require the signature of my Registered Agent?
- Can I act as my own Registered Agent?
- What is the main function of the Registered Agent?