The formal process required in order to officially change the name of an LLC is to file Articles of Amendment in the state of formation. In addition, if your LLC has an assigned EIN you will want to contact the IRS and notify them after the filing with the state has been completed. The IRS customer service phone number is 800.829.4933.
Articles in this section
- LLCs vs C-Corporation: Which Is Best for Your Business?
- What is the process involved in changing the name of an LLC?
- Can an LLC be formed without listing the members on on the articles of organization?
- Why it's important for the members on an LLC to have an operating agreement in place?
- Can another business entity be a member of an LLC?
- Can a Limited Liability Company (LLC) be taxed as an S Corporation?
- Which entity type should I choose?
- Is an LLC the best fit for your entity?
- The Benefits of Forming an LLC
- The LLC Operating Agreement