The main function of the Registered Agent is to receive and forward important legal and tax correspondence on behalf of the corporation or LLC. Typical documents delivered to the Registered Agent are Service of Process which is a notification of a pending lawsuit as well as mail from the secretary of state; such as annual reports or tax documents sent by the state's governing tax authority.
Articles in this section
- What does a Registered Agent do?
- Can the registered agent be a company?
- What will happen to my company if the registered agent resigns?
- How will I be notified if service of process is received?
- How will I know when it is time to renew my Registered Agent?
- How much will it cost to renew my Registered Agent service?
- Who will be responsible for updating the Registered Agent information with the state?
- What happens if I require the signature of my Registered Agent?
- Can I act as my own Registered Agent?
- What is the main function of the Registered Agent?