Yes, the registered agent can be a company, however the company itself may not act as it's own registered agent. The company that will act as the registered agent must provide a legal street address in the state of formation where service of process can be delivered weekdays during normal business hours.
Articles in this section
- What does a Registered Agent do?
- Can the registered agent be a company?
- What will happen to my company if the registered agent resigns?
- How will I be notified if service of process is received?
- How will I know when it is time to renew my Registered Agent?
- How much will it cost to renew my Registered Agent service?
- Who will be responsible for updating the Registered Agent information with the state?
- What happens if I require the signature of my Registered Agent?
- Can I act as my own Registered Agent?
- What is the main function of the Registered Agent?