If you need to make a change to your LLC, you need to file an amendment with your secretary of state. Not all changes need to be amended, but generally anything within your LLC's Articles of Incorporation or Articles of Organization that is being changed needs to be filed.
Articles in this section
- LLCs vs C-Corporation: Which Is Best for Your Business?
- What is the process involved in changing the name of an LLC?
- Can an LLC be formed without listing the members on on the articles of organization?
- Why it's important for the members on an LLC to have an operating agreement in place?
- Can another business entity be a member of an LLC?
- Can a Limited Liability Company (LLC) be taxed as an S Corporation?
- Which entity type should I choose?
- Is an LLC the best fit for your entity?
- The Benefits of Forming an LLC
- The LLC Operating Agreement