How to dissolve a company
If you wish to cease business and close out your company, you must file for a Dissolution with the state. This process will give you the Articles of Dissolution, a document proving that the company is no longer in business and was closed out with the state as well.
How to file for a dissolution
- If you have an account with us:
- Please click here to log into your dashboard and file for a dissolution.
- If you don't have an account with us:
- Please click here to file for a dissolution.
- What happens if I don't dissolve my company and just stop using it?
- The state will eventually place your company in bad standing or delinquent status, this will generate fees with the state and in the event where you want to actually close the company or use it again, you will have to pay for those fees.
- Do you also notify the IRS about the dissolution of the company?
- Unfortunately, this is a process that can be filed only by you, we cannot dissolve companies at a Federal level.