Connecting your website domain to Wix by changing/updating your DNS Host records or nameservers
Connecting my website to Wix
Change your DNS Host records or nameservers, so your domain will work with - Wix
What are we referring to when we say, your domain’?
When we reference ‘your domain’ we mean your website i.e. www.mywebsite.com
What is DNS?
DNS (Domain Name System) is a large group of servers that holds the information for where to find domains. (i.e. if your domain is your phone number, DNS is the phone book that can find your domain and everyone else’s.
What is a nameserver?
Nameservers tell the internet where to find each domain/web address
Why would I need to change my website provider?
The main reason for this is that you are updating your website service provider.
What are ‘Host Records’?
Host records are the mapping that allows you to point your domain to a website.
Your new hosting provider should have provided you with this information.
What do I need to KNOW before I begin to connect my domain to WIX
- You must have a WIX Premium Plan in order to connect a domain.
- Wix does not support the use of DNSSEC or DNS Proxies like Cloudflare. To ensure DNS propagation, please makes sure these options are not enabled before connecting your domain to a Wix site.
What do I need to DO before I begin to connect my domain to WIX
- your login information for your WIX account
- your domain provider's requirements
*Please note, while the process is quick, it does typically take 30-45 minutes for the data to propagate. However, depending on your domain and web host provider it could take up to 48 hours to complete.
Step 2 | Update the Name Servers in Your Domain Host Account
Keep the WIX page open throughout this process, it provides important information like the name server (NS) records you should use.
- Access your domain dashboard by using the following link and then clicking on manage domain https://orders.incfile.com/dashboard/domain-and-email/manage
- Click "Manage Domain"
It will open up the domain dashboard in a new window. It might ask you for a username and password, in the event that it does, just close the window and hit the manage domain button again.
2) Click on your domain name
3) click on "Nameservers"
4) Update Entry, provided within your WIX account page.
*Remember, these changes could take up to 48 hours to propagate.
If you need more information visit WIX Domain Connection FAQ